Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Our tradition on Christmas Eve is to always do our family Christmas with the boys.  The past few years we've read the Christmas story from the Bible, but this year we decided to let Noah "read" it to us from his Bible.  I went over it with him earlier because he wanted to know what all the words were in the Bible.  He did a great job of re-telling the story to us in his own words.  It was so incredibly sweet and brought a few tears to my eyes.  I am so proud of the little boy he is becoming.  He's such a sweet heart.  It helped us refocus and remember the true reason we celebrate!
After reading the Christmas story, we opened presents.  This year Jeff, Carson, and my parents were all here with us.  It was lots of fun to have all of them here.  Here's Noah playing the drum he got from Jeff and Carson.  Eli got one too and they love them!
Opening another present...
Eli with his new train set from Noah
My favortite present opening moment of the evening.  I found a book for Robert awhile back while we were out shopping.  Noah and I looked at it and thought it would be fun.  It's called Dad and Me.  It's an entire book filled with questions for Noah to answer.  So, I "interviewed" Noah and he answered all the questions about Robert as it recorded.  It was very sweet.  It was definitely a hit with Daddy.  I love these pics of them.  This one is Noah smiling because he's laughing at the funny things he said...
And now he's "embarrassed" by something he put...
And a little hug at the end...
Thanks Carson for capturing those sweet moments for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment